Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot make new signal processing block

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot make new signal processing block
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 18:39:49 +0200

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 08:45:21AM -0700, nexy_sm wrote:
> Hm, I see now, and don't get, how you specifu number of inputs, and what
> exactly means Vec Length (vlen)

Read this:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/TutorialsCoreConcepts

> and what could be wrong with implementation like this:
> [garbled code]

It doesn't specify the vlen (that's what's wrong).

> And just one question, in the block gr_add_const_ff, you did loop unrolling
> by yourself, is that because you don't believe to the compiler or something
> else?

gr_add_const_ff is pretty old, you should check out
gr-blocks/lib/add_const_vXX_impl.cc.t.

And yes, there's a lot of hand-optimized code.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)