[Discuss-gnuradio] Debugging printing GRC - E110

From: Jose Torres Diaz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Debugging printing GRC - E110
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:58:48 +1030

Hi,

I've a kind of basic question, but it has taken me a lot of time to figure out. I made a signal processing chain of blocks (very simple in facts, generate PSDU then send as a message downstream, manipulate the content and count the number of message that I've received). In order to debug my blocks, in .cc files I'm using:

 std::cout << std::endl << "running routine in BLOCK 1" << std::endl;

I populated my blocks with several messages, so I know what is going on every time. I can see the messages printed out in GRC (using NO Gui options). All the messages are correctly displayed, so I assumed that is running OK. Then, I generated the top_block.py file and put into the E110. When I run the top_block.py, I see only this:

python top_block.py
linux; GNU C++ version 4.5.3 20110311 (prerelease); Boost_104500; UHD_003.004.003-1-g64d15538

Press Enter to quit: gr_block_executor: source <gr_block uhd st2 (2)> produced no output.  We're marking it DONE.

It only shows the starting of the blocks and when it finishes, but it is not showing my debug messages. If I'm using std::cout into C++ for every block, should I see those messages in my E110?.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Jose