Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Create a synchronous block using GRExtras

From: Jose Torres Diaz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Create a synchronous block using GRExtras
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:42:20 +1030

Thank Josh, it works.

Can I ask kind of related question?. I would like to stop the block posting tags, in a GNURadio block, it is used:

set_tag_propagation_policy(TPP_DONT);

How to do it in block ()?. I tried this way, but gave me errors:

gr_block::tag_propagation_policy_t tag_propagation_policy(TPP_DONT);

Thanks,

Jose

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 11/04/2012 03:08 PM, Jose Torres Diaz wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Now I'm doing a block that uses stream instead of message passing. However,
> my code is based on those provided in GRExtras. My block should be a
> gr_sync_block, however in GRExtras is used block() instead. How can I make
> sure that my block is a synchronous block in this case?, because I cannot
> use directly gr_sync_block.

The 1:1 ratio is actually the default mode of operation. See:

https://github.com/guruofquality/grextras/wiki/Blocks-Coding-Guide#wiki-work-operation-modes

-josh