[Discuss-gnuradio] Stuttered processing with OsmoSDR and DVB-T Stick

From: Markus Gonser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stuttered processing with OsmoSDR and DVB-T Stick
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 12:55:16 +0100

Hello,

I run gnuradio latest stable installation on a 64bit Ubuntu Installation with Pentium 977 + 8GB RAM. I use the DVB-T Hama Nano DVB-T-Stick which is one of the RTL-Chip derivates. I tried to create a FM-Radio reception which only consists of the OsmoSDR-Srouce, A WBFM Receive PLL and the Audio Sink (see attached png)

What I get is a stuttered signal processing of the recepition. I can here the radio signal, but it is interrupted at a rate of approximately 3 Hz. I checked the CPU load but it is well below 100%. Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong? I would appreciate any sort of suggestions. Thanks!

Additional experiment: when I make a chain of sine-wave -> WBFM-Transmitter -> WBFM-Receiver -> Audio Sink, with the sample rates as shown in the original fm receiver, there is continuous playback. Therefore I expect that it has something to do with the OsmoSDR, libusb, rtl-driver, rtl-chip.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Markus
m48/m48+ by Markus Gonser