Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] False Packets for benchmark TX/RX

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] False Packets for benchmark TX/RX
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 22:06:10 -0500

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/04/2012 08:39 PM, Yahya Ezzeldin wrote:
I am using RFX900 (FLEX 900) and the VERT 900 Antennas

Best Regards,
--
Yahya Ezzeldin

The RFX900 doesn't have analog TX gain setting -- you have to use the baseband magnitude exclusively to control RF output gain.
  Try dropping the amplitude to 0.4, and also adjust RX gain and RX center frequency.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator

Actually, the signal in the screen shot looks pretty ugly. I'd recommend reducing the amount of power at the receiver. GMSK is tolerant of nonlinearities, but there is a limit.

Tom