Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New block for GRC on USRP E110 isn't available

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New block for GRC on USRP E110 isn't available
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 23:24:08 +0100

On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 08:43:59PM +0000, Adriana Arteaga wrote:
> Hi! I'm working with a USRP E110 and I made a new block for GRC 3.6.2 using
> gr_modtool.
> The block was generated and put in system using cmake, make and make install
> commands without errors, but this not available in any category in GRC.
> Anyone knows if gr_modtool is right to make blocks for GRC 3.6.2 on E110 or
> that should be done differently?

Are you sure your XML works? GRC is *very* picky with the files, and
the output of 'gr_modtool.py makexml' is usually not correct (but better
than nothing for editing yourself).

Open gnuradio-companion in the console and see if throws any errors.

The category, if you don't change that, is the same as your module name
(e.g. gr-howto -> HOWTO).

> Best regards.
>
> AA

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)