[Discuss-gnuradio] UHD buffer error

From: Anton Blad
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD buffer error
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:04:22 +0100

Hi list,

I am using a USRP1 with UHD directly in C++, and several times I got the
following error within a few seconds after starting my application:

UHD Error:
    The receive packet handler caught an exception.
    recv buffer smaller than vrt packet offset

I haven't seen this error before, and after rebooting the USRP it went away.
Still, I would like to know what the problem was.

Essentially, my USRP code looks like this:

complex<float> buffer[SIZE];
int nread = 0;

while(nread < SIZE)
{
    nread += streamer->recv(rx_streamer::buffs_type(buffer+nread, SIZE-nread,
rx_meta);
}

I tried with SIZE=4096 and SIZE=65536 before rebooting the USRP. Could there be
a problem with this implementation, for example if recv returns a value close
to SIZE so that the next call is made with a small buffer size? The UHD version
is UHD_003.004.003-276-unstable.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Anton Blad