Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [ Implementing a Phase Shift block]

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [ Implementing a Phase Shift block]
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:44:28 -0500

On 01/11/2013 02:30 AM, Ashish Raste wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on synchronising two USRPs (connected via a MIMO) and have calibrated the time-offset which occurs between them for a given set of signal generator's frequency, USRPs frequency and the sampling rate.

My next step is to do a phase-compensation for one of the USRPs so that both are aligned in the time-domain. I read from this document that for Phase-shifting, we need to use MRC algorithm or Periodic Calibration. Also I saw that a "Phase Shift" block has been used in that document which I guess was developed by the author who wrote it, as I could not find it in the GRC.

I'm willing to develop one such simple phase-shift block. Can anyone suggest me how to approach in implementing it i.e in terms of any algorithm's reference that you can suggest to achieve this purpose?

Note: I want my Phase-Shift block to work in real time i.e it should be able to adjust the phase-offset of one of the signals so that that signal gets aligned with the other in the time-domain.

Thanks and Regards,

--

The attached demonstrates phase-shifting using a simple complex multiply block.

If you want to do coarser phase shifts (large multiples of 180deg), you can use a delay block.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator