Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release 3.6.3 available for download

From: Michael L Kornegay
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release 3.6.3 available for download
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 14:19:43 -0500

Alex,

You said:

Thanks for the tip - I will try to rebuild using gcc later and see
what difference it makes. For now I am happy that after installing
gnuradio, I could install the rtl-sdr and gr-osmosdr packages, and
since I already had Qt 4.8 installed I could also build gqrx without
major issues.

Sounds like you have had general success on Mac OS X.

I have been trying the following:

    sudo port install gnuradio +full  configure.compiler=llvm-gcc-4.2
    sudo port select --set python python27

    volk_profile

    sudo port install rtl-sdr

    rtl_test -t

All with success, the only hardware I have right now is the DTV tuner.  Success except the following...

What I am having trouble with is getting gr-osmosdr installed.   I did not see it in macports so I tried from the rtl-sdr site:

git clone git://git.osmocom.org/gr-osmosdr
cd gr-osmosdr/
mkdir build
cd build/
cmake ../
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

The last command 'ldconfig' is not supported on the Mac.

When I do this it ends up in /usr/local instead of /opt/local for macports.  I changed one of the make files and got it to copy over to /opt/local instead.

My problem is the new sources do not show up in gnuradio-companion.  Maybe I did something out of order.  Maybe missing something.

How did you successfully install rtl-sdr and gr-osmosdr in the Mac and working with gnu radio-companion?

Thanks,
mlk

PS: Thanks to michaelld for becoming active in maintaining current versions in macports again!