Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Response in OFDM with MIMO USRP

From: Paul Fuxjaeger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Response in OFDM with MIMO USRP
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 13:45:17 +0100

On 13.01.13 08:04, Unforgiven11 dreams wrote:

As far as I know only sampling offset should be the reason for the
same, but since these 2 USRPs now share the external clock, can this
still be a problem?

10MHz/PPS syncing seems to work, because otherwise you wouldn't see this slope to be _identical_ over all frames.

I think you are right: timing offset. Maybe because of the total delay between those two synced baseband-in to baseband-out reference planes. So, some basic "timing synchronization" is still needed, every time after you have modified the "channel".

IRRC phaseshift(n) = delta*2*pi*n/N_subcarrier

The current delta seems to be around 0.25 in your plot, so maybe a offsetting your RX fft window by 80*0.25 = 20 samples helps reducing slope.

-paul