Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release 3.6.3 available for download

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release 3.6.3 available for download
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:56:34 -0500

Hi Michael -

On Jan 14, 2013, at 5:58 PM, Michael L Kornegay <address@hidden> wrote:
> So in the case of rtl-sdr and gr-osmosdr is it suggested to still use the
> MacPorts
> rtl-sdr but as you say above install non-MacPorts gr-osmosdr in /usr/local?
>
> Or would it be better to be consistent and not install rtl-sdr from MacPorts
> and
> install them both the non-MacPorts way?

I find that I can mix MacPorts and local installs just fine.  So, rtl-sdr using
MacPorts and then gr-osmosdr into /usr/local should work fine with the proper
environment variables settings.

> I did wonder though if that last step when I install gnuradio via MacPorts at
> the very
> end where is scans and resolves something might be an issue.  Is there a way
> to just
> rerun that?  Would it help?  Sorry I am being abstract on this question, it
> takes a long
> time to build on my machine so I have not reran it to specifically note what
> it was
> scanning.

That phase is called the "rev-upgrade" part.  "port" checks the newly installed
libraries and those ports that explicitly depend on the just installed ports to
make sure all references are valid (use "otool -L LIBNAME" to see what I mean).
 When port finds broken references, it tries to reinstall the owning port.
This has nothing to do with "ldconfig", but it does find and fix many errors
that come up when handling installing projects.

> I have one remaining issue, when I build the flow graph and then attempt to
> execute
> it I get the following error that feels would would have been an ldconfig,
> DYLD*, or
> maybe even the scan thing I noted above.  See problem loading the dylib
> below:
>
> ImportError:
> dlopen(/opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/osmosdr/_osmosdr_swig.so, 2):
> Library not loaded: libgnuradio-osmosdr.0.dylib
>  Referenced from:
> /opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/osmosdr/_osmosdr_swig.so
>  Reason: image not found
>
> Seems like I am missing one final detail that glues the proper loading of the
> dynamic libraries?

I'm wondering where "libgnuradio-osmosdr.0.dylib" is located.  Usually this
would be installed into ${prefix}/lib (so, /opt/local/lib in your case).

> PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin:/opt/local/bin:/usr/local/git/bin:/usr/X11/bin
> PYTHONPATH=/Users/mlk/bin:/opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages:/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7:

Your environment looks OK to me. - MLD