Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 122, Issue 17

From: Ashish Raste
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 122, Issue 17
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:56:38 +0800

Hi,

Normally, this kind of delay detection is done using cross-correlation (or
some more applicable variant thereof such as MRC). Note also that a delay
will give a frequency-dependent phase shift, so you may wish to use a delay
block rather than phase shift if your signal is broadband (although I must
admit I don't know what the phase shift block does internally).

Yes you're right about the cross-correlation and I did that for my experiments where I couldn't see any relation between the maximum correlation value and the time-lag between the signals. Have attached those values (for different runs) that I noted down.

Inline image 1

Can I know how to use these values to implement the delay block in the GRC?

Thanks.