Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wrong git tag in 3.6.3 release tarball

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wrong git tag in 3.6.3 release tarball
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:55:13 -0800

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Richard Farina <address@hidden> wrote:

It should be noted, that it is generally bad to make a new tarball with
exactly the same name as it confuses people.  I added gnuradio 3.6.3 in
gentoo and all of the users downloaded the package from your site and
the gentoo mirrors picked up the package.  Now if the user gets it from
the mirrors or your website it would be different.

It would be best to avoid two different tarballs with different
checksums and the same name.  Can we maybe call this 3.6.3.1?

Ok, fair enough.  We've had a few minor bug fixes along the maint branch since the release, and we do have a provision to make releases with that fourth digit from this branch, so I think the most straightforward thing to do would be to tag and release a 3.6.3.1.  I've got a couple more bug fix branches to merge in first.

Johnathan