Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] An FFT base xlating filter

From: Jeff Scaparra
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] An FFT base xlating filter
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 17:18:16 -0500

Thanks Alex,

I will give that a try. Your website is what helped me get on the air initially in the 2 meter band. Thanks for posting.

Scap KK4EPP

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 4:53 AM, Alexandru Csete <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 7:16 AM, Jeff Scaparra <address@hidden> wrote:
> I just watched Tom Rondeau's presentation at TAPR online and learned about
> the benefits of an FFT filter over a FIR filter. I am wondering if there is
> a good way to replace my XLATING FIR Filters with FFT ones. I do need to be
> able to move the center frequency around?

You can separate the translation from the filter and use complex
multiplication with a sine wave, where the frequency of the sine wave
corresponds to the translation offset.

Alex