Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pre-cog repo is down?

From: George Sklivanitis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Pre-cog repo is down?
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:20:32 -0500

John,

Thanks for the attachments.

I think that "the async. nature of the msg-based blocks means there's no back pressure on your vector_source block" was the problem.

Thanks again,
-George

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM, John Malsbury <address@hidden> wrote:
George,

I don't have any hardware where I am, so I have the UHD source disabled.  The speed (or lack there of) of the python block may be what is causing this issue.  It's also possible that the async. nature of the msg-based blocks means there's no back pressure on your vector_source block and it is generating samples as quickly as the cpu allows.  (anyone, chime in if you know better?)  When I insert a throttle before the stream to blob conversion, things seem to work OK.

See attached.

I've also attached another example for you to work with that has working mod and demod setup with a 'heartbeat' block that generates a periodic message.

-John