Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compiling gr-osmosdr with gnuradio 3.7

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compiling gr-osmosdr with gnuradio 3.7
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:49:38 -0500

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Alexandru Csete <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Alexandru Csete <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Albert Chun-Chieh Huang
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Alex,
>>
>> Yes, I know it's next release. I just wonder if I'm lucky enough to have
>> gr-osmosdr ready for it at this moment. :-)
>>
>> Among cheap SDR solutions, is Fun Cube the only one ready for
>> gnuradio 3.7 right now? It is always built in gnuradio repo, right?
>>

> Yes, the Funcube Dongle source block should always be compiled if the
> dependencies are met.
> You can also try to update gr-osmosdr package for yourself - I suspect
> the change is rather trivial.

Ok, maybe not that trivial...
I have installed the next branch and I can't find any of the
noise_source_x headers. As I understand it should be in
include/gnuradio/analog/ and I can see the symbol in
libgnuradio-analog.so but I can't find the header. The same for
sig_source_x blocks. Am I missing something?

Alex

Nope, you aren't missing anything, but apparently, we are.  I'm looking at the cmake file, and those files should be there, but they aren't being installed properly. Looking into this now.

Thanks! (And with all of the changes happening to 3.7, this is why we appreciate testing and feedback!)

Tom

Alex,

It was a cmake variable naming problem. I just pushed a fix. I think I got them all in there now, but let me know if you find any others that aren't getting installed.

Tom