[Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio 3.3 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio 3.3 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 13:24:43 -0500

I have an odd question.

I've been requested to duplicate a system I built a couple of years ago
based on GnuRadio 3.3 and Ubuntu 10.04LTS.  Unfortunately, the laptop
that was used is no longer made, and it's new equivalent uses an
ethernet chipset that does not not have drivers in 10.04LTS, but
does in 12.04LTS.

Ideally, I'd like to find backported drivers for 10.04LTS. so I can
just duplicate everything without modification. Failing that, I'm
going to have to use 12.04LTS.

My question is, are there any showstoppers for able to run
GnuRadio 3.3 on Ubuntu 12.04LTS?  My customer _really_ wants all the
SDRs to be the same for CM purposes, and does not have the schedule
time for me to port his custom blocks and flowgraphs from GR3.3 to
GR3.6.

I know over the last year or two there's been a lot of Boost and
Qt version issues, and I want to know if I'm about to paint myself
into a corner here.