Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RRC Polyphase Filter in generic modulator

From: Almohanad Fayez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RRC Polyphase Filter in generic modulator
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:29:01 -0500

Thanks martin for your explanation.  I modified the dbpsk_loopback.grc example to where my input sampling frequency is 16khz and instead of looping back i'm using a uhd sink block with a sampling rate of 256khz.  Looking at the constellation on my spectrum analyzer i'm getting a dbpsk signal with a symbol rate of 128khz.

Since the flowgraph seems to be working i'm expecting an interpolation factor of 16 somewhere i originally was trying to do it with a FIR filter before sending it to the usrp but then i found out that modulation block itself has an internal rrc filter.  Now I am trying to figure out where the interpolation factor of 16 is occurring in the polyphase filter.

I'm confused how things are working without an explicit interpolation factor of 16.  I'm not sure if the issue is my lack of understanding of polyphase filters or I didn't see where the interpolation factor is calculated internally.

Thanks