Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Toggle use of bad versions of Boost

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Toggle use of bad versions of Boost
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:38:41 +0100

Hi,

> You can see which Boost version Cmake is finding for you by looking at
> CMakeCache.txt in the top of the build directory. Check out the
> "Boost_<library>_LIBRARY" and "Boost_INCLUDE_DIR" to see which ones
> were found and are being used. Hopefully, it's finding the 1.48 version
that's
> installed.

It seems some older gnuradio versions and other SDR tools do not want the
1.48, they want a 1.46 or maybe a boost lib without any version in its name,
who knows. I got into problems when compiling gnuradio 3.4.2 for OpenBTS,
but lacking the knowledge how to solve this in a proper way I just fiddled
around with uninstalling and installing several parts of the packages until
it compiled. Not satisfying, such a workaround...

> Tom

Ralph.