Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue Stream Command

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue Stream Command
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 12:56:38 -0500

On 03/14/2013 09:06 PM, Gong Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>    I want to transmit  fixed numbers of sample from the
> sin_sig_source.And I find the issue_stream_command in
> multi_usrp.hpp.Does the command contral the flow graph so that I just
> connect the flow graph and add the command in python? I appreciate any
> tips.
>    Thanks in advance.

Issue stream command is for RX, and this is exposed in python, so you
can call it.

Now for tx, if you wanted to transmit a fixed number of samples, its
best that the producer of data frame the end of its bursts with a EOB
tag. But I suppose something quick and dirty would be
sig_source -> head -> usrp_sink

A few examples here w/ the tags:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki/GNU_Radio_UHD#Using-UHD-Software-with-GNU-Radio

-josh