Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to get constellation after demodulation

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to get constellation after demodulation
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:37:22 -0700

I'm assuming you want to visualize the symbols after synchronization
but before decision making.  At the moment this is a pain, because the
fine phase adjustment and the decision making are performed in the
same block (constellation_receiver).  What you want is the fourth
optional output of the constellation_receiver block.  Unfortunately
this output is not available in any of the hierarchical demodulation
blocks (because hierarchical blocks can't have optional outputs yet).
This means that if you want to do it in grc you won't be able to use
one of the straightforward demodulation blocks, rather you'll have to
put all the synchronization blocks in there independently.

When I want to do this, I do it in python, and hackishly connect
directly to the 'constellation_receiver' block that is inside the
demodulation block.

i.e. tb.connect( (my_demodulation_block.receiver, 4), my_visualization_block)

Ben