Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR-Radar, Passive Radar

From: Karl Petrow
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR-Radar, Passive Radar
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:39:50 -0400

Could you just use Yagi's and send I/Q streams to a server?  Maybe a time issue
with TCP/IP lag.  But you could possibly time stamp the I/Q data..
Additionally, I am interested in larger, slower marine vessels more than small,
fast moving planes.

What do you mean by Dynamic Range?  I have briefly looked at the University of
Washington setup where they are separated by mountains.  I assume since they
are observing such a far distance, the receiving stations are relatively not
far apart(150km).  Couldn't you network two stations like they do here and just
use yagi's(one pointed directly toward the tower and one towards your area of
interest?)  They would need to be close since your observation field is at a
much shorter distance.  Why would you need to use only one USRP?  I can send a
I/Q stream with a Raspberry Pi and have all demodulation and processing done on
the server side.

Thanks for the help,

Karl Petrow