Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 09:26:54 -0400

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM, vamshi krishna dodla
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Sir
>
> Thanks for your efforts and your reply, yeah i understand your concern
> regarding the information lost (also effects of multipath  and adjacent
> channel interference, which is good to some extent) by only taking band edge
> filter's output for purpose of timing recovery, but how about taking the
> sample rate as 2 sps for entire (timing and carrier recovery) loops(cascaded
> structure) and upsampling to 4 sps only at band edge input part, but rest of
> receiver operating at 2 sps only. (although the detector viz costas loop
> takes 1sps for detection purpose which should not be a problem).
>
> Thanks & Regards

So while I think that this discussion is really interesting, I find
email to be a terrible way to go about communicating these ideas. In
fact, we just had this discussion recently on the mailing list:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2013-03/msg00510.html

Would you be willing to set up a wiki page to convey your ideas here
better? I've started a dummy page for people to start discussions
here:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/SignalProcessing

(Also, I think you're new to the community, so you'll probably have to
create an account on gnuradio.org and then send either myself or
Martin Braun an email to add you to the GNU Radio project so you can
then edit the wiki.)

Thanks!
Tom