[Discuss-gnuradio] Updating to 3.7/next (currently)

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Updating to 3.7/next (currently)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 21:59:42 -0400

Hi everyone,

Because of the large diff between 3.6 and 3.7, there's going to be a
lot of breakage happening with code when moving to 3.7. Luckily, most
of these changes are simple syntax related edits, like in Python to
move from almost everything being in the gr module to other modules
like blocks, analog, digital, etc.

With the changes just recently posted to the next branch, we are now
changing things that will break external code that compiles against
GNU Radio. This is the first pass and there will be other changes to
come. If you are tracking our next branch, here are a few things to
keep in mind when building against GNU Radio:

* Remove FindGnuradioCore.cmake and FindGruel.cmake,
   Replace with FindGnuradioRuntime.cmake

* Remove all GRUEL_ references and replace GNURADIO_CORE variables
with GNURADIO_RUNTIME_

* Update #include<gruel/attributes.h> to <gnuradio/attributes.h>

* Change %include "gnuradio.i" to %include "runtime_swig.i"

There are other changes required that have been discussed in the past.
This just represents the most recent updates and how to work with
them.

Thanks,
Tom