Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronizing 3 USRP-N200

From: Zooz Engineer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Synchronizing 3 USRP-N200
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 08:36:51 +0000

Dear Ian and All,

Although I tried what you have said, the phase is random and different every time I run the flow graph. I deeply suspect that synchronization is actually done on the boards.
I use a GPS receiver for synchronization and yesterday I noticed that the shape of the PPS signal is as the one in the attached image. I am afraid that the ripple and the overshoot can imitate the behavior of the PPS in much smaller period than one sec. Do you believe so? Can I use a usual function generator for the PPS instead of the GPS receiver? In other words, should the ref/pps signal be sync?
Best regards,
Zo