[Discuss-gnuradio] debugging benchmark.py

From: Karan Talasila
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] debugging benchmark.py
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 23:16:38 +0530

HI,
    I am trying to see communication between two usrp's using tunnel.py on two virtual ports gr0 and gr1, so i am trying to run tunnel.py on 2 usrp's in my lab using gmsk. I am unable to receive packets in the receiver. so i was trying to debug. But i was unsure of certain things.

1. There is no interpolator option. so I do not know how is sampling occuring, i only see it says usrp running at 64 MHz. can somebody show me  a link or explain the calculations behind obtaining samples per second given a user set data rate, modulation,carrier threshold and amplitude level.

2. How do i know how to vary the gain and carrier threshold. Because increasing too much gain will put the setup in nonlinear region.

3. General ideas of debugging scripts rather than just randomly changing values of parameters on a trial and error basis to get desired output.

--
Regards
Karan Talasila