Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Output screen not stable.

From: Mike Jameson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Output screen not stable.
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:16:24 +0100

Hi Tom,

Thanks for that. Using nongl mode has brought my wxgui back to life as I killed it after fumbling around with graphics drivers. For the record here is the error I was getting:

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

nongl mode also brings back a working persistence mode, yey! :)

Mike

--
Mike Jameson M0MIK BSc MIET
Email: address@hidden

On 17 April 2013 14:40, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Sajjad Safdar
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> I upgraded from ubuntu 12.04 to 12.10. Then installed gnuradio again becoz
> after update it was not orking. When i upgraded i had issues with the unity,
> then i corrected it. Then installed gnuradio. I ran the gnuradio flow graph
> which i created for NBFM reciever. The output of the FFT is not stable, the
> screen is vibrating. It was not vibrating in 12.04. I set the referesh rate
> to 15, still the issue is there. Any solutions?
>
> Best regards,
> SAJJAD SAFDAR

This actually sounds more like a problem with your video card driver
in Ubuntu. I've had different results with different video cards and
drivers using Unity specifically. So try to look into that.

In the meantime, you can try turning off OpenGL support by editing (or
creating) $HOME/.gnuradio/config.conf and adding:
[wxgui]
style=nongl

Tom