[Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC: Status update

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoC: Status update
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 17:12:40 +0200

Hi everyone,

just some quick lines to give everyone an idea on how things are going
with GSoC.

We've started getting some responses from students to our projects, so
if you want to participate, don't wait any longer!

Also, the responses on the mailing list don't accurately reflect the
interest in our projects. There's a lot more correspondence between
students and mentors than is publicly visible, and some of the proposals
look very good!

One project that hasn't received that much interest are the improvements
to GRC (see
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GSoC#Improving-the-GNU-Radio-Companion).

I'm a bit surprised by that: While it doesn't have any signal processing
components, it is a project which is quite well defined (unlike, I must
admit, some other projects). Also, a successful completion on this
project would most certainly generate a lot of gratitude among GNU Radio
users (In other words: the likelihood of someone buying you a beer is
higher if you do this than with the other projects :).

Remember, getting a slot in GSoC is a competition. So don't hesitate to
contact mentors and get your proposals ready!

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)