Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LDPC codes - GSOC 2013

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LDPC codes - GSOC 2013
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 09:45:23 +0200

Hi Maria,

you should definitely contact the corresponding mentor soon--the
application period will begin next week!

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 01:21:24AM +0300, Maria Christopoulou wrote:
[...]
> 4. Decoding can be either hard or soft decision.
>

> The hard decision can be implemented with a bit-flipping decoding.
>
> The soft decision can be implemented with Sum-product decoding.
>

> Matlab has a dedicated LDPC block decoder, that includes both methods, so I
> guess we have to define the methods in the project.

A piece of advice for you and all the other students planning to write a
proposal for this project: There are a lot LDPC implementations out
there; but we need something that is compatible with our licence.

Example: If code is available under the original BSD licence, you can't
use snippets from there.

> Apart from the above questions of mine, please let me know the way you think
> we
> have to process the project, so that to submit my relevant proposal.

I like how you've split this up into several deliverables. You should
have a look at the successful proposals from last year to get an idea
how yours might look.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)