Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LDPC codes - GSOC 2013

From: Jens Elsner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LDPC codes - GSOC 2013
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:34:03 +0200

Hi Maria and everyone else interested in the LDPC code project!

The LDPC GSoC proposal has drawn quite some interest, and I'm very happy about that. A few student have already discussed their proposals with me offline.

A few points for all of you:

1. I'd like to keep the project practical, the outcome should be a set of blocks that can be used in real-time data transmission and ideally beat (in terms of coding gain) the currently available blocks.

2. Please do research on what's been published (and the software licenses) and what can be GNU Radio-fied and what needs to written. If we don't have to start from scratch, that's great. Just give credit where credit is due.

3. The proposals for the LDPC project will compete in the end and all mentors will decide jointly which (of all) proposals have the best chances of success. If you are really interested in another topic as well, you might consider submitting two proposals to increase your chances.

[...]

Apart from the above questions of mine, please let me know the way you
think we have to process the project, so that to submit my relevant
proposal.

Draft a proposal and I'll give you feedback off-list.

Best regards,
Jens