Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNU Radio: Use binaries!

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNU Radio: Use binaries!
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:43:22 -0700

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Arturo Rinaldi <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Martin, sorry to bother you. I was wondering if there is a way to build the deb from the source tarball. I made some time an attemp with the following commands :

$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake -DCPACK_GENERATOR=deb ../
$ make package

and i almost was successful in doing that, however i had some issues with the control version and the correct naming of the file. I am asking this because binaries for ubuntu 13.04 are not still available and i'd like to build one on my own.....are these ones I've listed all the correct steps to perform to build a binary file of gnuradio or not ?

The CMake package infrastructure inside the GNU Radio source code tree is maintained and supported by Ettus Research, which also distributes their generated .deb files on their website as a free service to the GNU Radio community.  The official GNU Radio packages for Debian (that also get picked up by Ubuntu) are maintained by Maitland Bottoms, who has published his packaging tools repository on the list here.

If you have been using the Ubuntu packages in the past, I recommend you use Maitland's scripts, as the two different approaches to package generation are not compatible.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services