[Discuss-gnuradio] Target freq vs Actual freq.

From: NaceurElOuni
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Target freq vs Actual freq.
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 14:59:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am sending a stream on packets between two USRP N210, and at the Tx side i
am setting a center freq. of 2.490 GHz for eg.
when outputting the Tune Result, I am always getting a difference of some
khz. (Target Freq: 2.490000 GHz

vs

Actual freq: 2.489993GHz)

* I wonder if that is related to the low accuracy of the frequency
synthesizers of the RF front end or is it a software setting issue
* Is the information of the actual freq being centered on returned from the
FPGA, or from the GNU Radio.

* Then, is that frequency mismatch is it specific to the target freq and the
RF daughter-board or what.

* If that is not the unique- freq. offset to account for (am using the
actual freq. of the Tx to set the Center Rx freq.)
or I will need a PLL implemented in the Rx Side to have center frequency as
exact as possible.

All help will be appreciated.