Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] anyone successful in running tx_ofdm and rx_ofdm

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] anyone successful in running tx_ofdm and rx_ofdm grc files?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 19:36:04 +0200

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 01:55:57PM -0400, Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I think my question would have been clearer if i had said that when I
> talk of symbol rate I do not define a symbol to be the OFDM symbol of
> length
> fft_length+CP_length, but its fft_length+CP_length components.

OK, that works.

> ---
>
> I still have trouble getting anything out of the S&C synchronizer:
> The frequency offset output responds as expected when i introduce a
> freq error but the "detect" output does not give anything out
> even with noiseless input...

The synchronizer works fine, at least it does here. Try writing the
output into a file, and then view it with gr_plot_char (or whatever you
use). You will see a train of spikes at the distance of the length of
the packets.

The flow graph itself randomly stalls, though. I'm currently working on
the reason, but it has to do with the large abuse of the scheduler.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)