Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting the DSP frequency in the UHD blocks

From: Mike Jameson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting the DSP frequency in the UHD blocks
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 19:39:02 +0100

Hi Frank,

Use the following line as the frequency variable for the 'UHD Source' & 'UHD Sink' blocks in GRC:

uhd.tune_request(center_freq, rf_freq=(center_freq+lo_offset),rf_freq_policy=uhd.tune_request.POLICY_MANUAL)

Where 'center_freq' and 'lo_freq' are variables which need to be defined.

Using the lo_offset on the TX side prevents local oscilator leakage on the TX frequency, to prevent giving the false impression that it is transmitting after stopping the flowgraph.

Regards,

Mike

--
Mike Jameson M0MIK BSc MIET