Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.6.5.1 test error

From: Nemanja Savic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 3.6.5.1 test error
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:24:04 +0200

I downloaded again and checked MD5 hash, but the same "errors" come out during cmake. Since configurations is done as well as build files written to appropriate folder, does that means that these errors are not serious? io.h file is for example located in /usr/include/sys/io.h (is that like at your systems?). The funniest thing is that when I run now make i get error:
Scanning dependencies of target digital_generated_includes
[  7%] Generating digital_chunks_to_symbols_bf.h, digital_chunks_to_symbols_bc.h, digital_chunks_to_symbols_sf.h, digital_chunks_to_symbols_sc.h, digital_chunks_to_symbols_if.h, digital_chunks_to_symbols_ic.h
[  7%] Built target digital_generated_includes
Scanning dependencies of target doxygen_target
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `trellis_generated_includes', needed by `docs/doxygen/xml'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [docs/doxygen/CMakeFiles/doxygen_target.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Any ideas?

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Nemanja Savic <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all guys,
>
> i have just wanted to build and install 3.6.5.1 on my system (RHEL6, 64bit).
> I did cmake, and warnings about missing header files came out, for example:
>
>> Looking for intrin.h - not found
>> Performing Test HAVE_WERROR_UNUSED_CMD_LINE_ARG - Failed
>> Performing Test have_maltivec - Failed
>> Performing Test have_mfpu_neon - Failed
>> .
>> .
>> .
>
> {some other tests}
> Looking for C++ include io.h - not found
> Looking for C++ include dev/ppbus/ppi.h - not found
> Performing Test HAVE_SSLEEP - Failed
>

> I don't know how important this can be, but probably everything is
> important. I did make and some errors also came out, like:
>
> /home/savi_ne/tools/gnuradio-3.6.5.1/gruel/src/lib/pmt/pmt_int.h:243:
> Warning: include file pmt_unv_int.h not found, perhaps you forgot to add its
> directory to INCLUDE_PATH?
> /home/savi_ne/tools/gnuradio-3.6.5.1/gr-digital/include/digital_impl_mpsk_snr_est.h:246:
> Error: Unexpected character `"'
> /home/savi_ne/tools/gnuradio-3.6.5.1/gr-digital/include/digital_impl_mpsk_snr_est.h:248:
> Error: Unexpected character `"'

> When compiling was finished, I started make test, and get error on test
> qa_pdu (number 34)
> Then I run ctest -V and no error appeared, and I run make test again and
> qa_udp_source sink error appeared.
> Does anybody have an idea what should I do next? Should i go back to cmake
> and try to finish that without any error and warning?
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Nemanja Savić

I think your files are borked. First, io.h really should be there and
easily found. And line 246 of digital_impl_mpsk_snr_est.h is in a
comment and should not be causing errors (even Doxygen shouldn't have
a problem with this; there's no special formatting or anything).

I would redownload the release tarball, check the MD5 hash, and try again.

If you are using git and checking out the v3.6.5.1 tag, first clean
and reset your git tree (or just delete it and reclone).

Tom

--
Nemanja Savić