Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doppler Radar Processing

From: Adeel Anwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doppler Radar Processing
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 05:59:47 +0500

Frank,

>>Currently, I am just saving off the data and then processing it in Octave/Matlab. It would be nice to have a display of the range/Doppler map that is updated periodically within GRC.  This would give me a good indication that everything is working without me having to save off the data and load it into matlab.  I am fairly new to GNU Radio and the GRC and it is the plots that I really don't know how to do.  So, does anyone have something like a 2D Mesh plot in QT that I could update semi-real time?

Is there a specific requirement that u want this plot to be updated with-in GRC? If not then u can stream the data from GRC to network-socket or some FIFO. Then u can write an independent QT-app that read data from socket and displays it on " QT-2D Mesh plot" u mentioned above

-Adeel

Has anybody done Doppler Radar Processing in GNU Radio Companion?
Currently, I am just saving off the data and then processing it in Octave/Matlab. It would be nice to have a display of the range/Doppler map that is updated periodically within GRC.  This would give me a good indication that everything is working without me having to save off the data and load it into matlab.  I am fairly new to GNU Radio and the GRC and it is the plots that I really don't know how to do.  So, does anyone have something like a 2D Mesh plot in QT that I could update semi-real time?

Thanks,
Frank Wallace