Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio3.7 make error

From: Nathan West
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio3.7 make error
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 00:12:21 -0400

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:55 PM, Gong Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Nathan,
>     I have tried the method in the URL but it does not work. The error
> remains.
>
>  2013/7/30 10:58, Nathan West wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Harry Zhang <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>      I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and libboost1.46. I got the following errors
>>> when
>>> I make the project.
>>>
>> libboost1.46 is known to cause problems with GNU Radio. Ubuntu 12.04
>> should have libboost1.48 available in the repos. Here's some more
>> info:
>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2013-02/msg00267.html

What do you mean you tried the method in the URL? The cmake flag? The
point of sending that link is the version of boost you have is known
to cause problems with GNU Radio and unless you have a very good
reason for using it you should use another version. If you're having
trouble installing GNU Radio for the first time you might give pybombs
a shot. It's pretty easy to get an installation going for the first
time, especially if you're having a problem with dependencies like
boost.

Here's info on pybombs: http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki

Nathan