Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Warning on ODD Interpolation

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Warning on ODD Interpolation
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 14:44:15 +0000 (UTC)

How wide is your signal?

Then find the nearest sample rate > your_bandwidth that satisfies the desired outcome that the computed
  interpolation rate  (64.0e6 / desired_rate) is an even number.

If the signal has artefacts that "spill" outside the required sample rate, then, yet, filter it first.

on Aug 01, 2013, embyte <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey Marcus, thanks for answering.

> (1) 720Khz is not an exact integer fraction of 64MHz (the sampling rate
> of the device)--so it rounded
>
> (2) It's warning you that you'll get a "humped" frequency response with
> more rolloff than you'd like, due to the rounded-down sample rate
> requiring an interpolation rate that is not divisible by two.

If I understood correctly, this it means that the transmitted signal
gets filtered more on the edges than expected?

Note that by setting a sampling rate of 720KHz, the transmission and
receiving work fine.

That is, can I fix the sampling rate warning and preserve the
transmitted signal by modifying the sampling rate (e.g. to 480KHz) and
by adding a band-pass filter before the USRP sink block?

Thanks for your insights. I appreciate.