[Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu PPA for gqrx / gnuradio ...

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Ubuntu PPA for gqrx / gnuradio ...
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 01:00:40 +0200

Greetings,

As part of the upcoming gqrx 2.2 release I have set up a personal
package archive (PPA) for Ubuntu & derivatives containing gqrx and all
its dependencies:

- UHD
- osmo-sdr
- libosmodsp
- hackrf
- rtl-sdr
- gnuradio
- gr-iqbal
- gr-fcdproplus
- gr-osmosdr
- gqrx

The PPA is accessible here: https://launchpad.net/~gqrx/+archive/snapshots
I'm building for Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10, 13.04 and 13.10 so it should
cover a wide range of Debian & derivative distributions :-)

Although gqrx only requires a few gnuradio components, I have included
the full gnuradio package - basically a port of gnuradio 3.7.0 from
Debian by Maitland. I have updated it to a git version though because
of fixes done the Funcube Dongle source since 3.7.0.

It's still a WIP but it appears to work fine. I'm testing mostly
through gqrx, so feedback on other parts is welcome.

Needless to say, installing gnuradio via this PPA will conflict with
any prior installation from source installed in /usr or /usr/local

When gqrx 2.2 is released we will have two channels:
https://launchpad.net/~gqrx/+archive/releases
https://launchpad.net/~gqrx/+archive/snapshots

I expect the snapshots will be updated few times per month.
I hope this will be useful.

Alex