Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC Magic coupling constant

From: Andrew Davis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC Magic coupling constant
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 18:13:22 -0400

Hello All,

Just an update for those following along, I have ( somewhat ) finished the ATSC transmitter, most of the blocks needed were all ready made, but they stopped right before pilot insertion and VSB modulation ( my guess is since the hardware back then was receive only they stopped there ), so I added the needed blocks, and transmitted with my USRP1 to a television. It is much faster than real time and so i'm trying to encode and transmit my webcam live but i'm still working on getting gstreamer to output the correct stream :)

Also the receiver is coming along but i'm still stuck with the magic constant. I have a nice sample data recording from my USRP of my local TV station, it is just above the threshold for decent recovery and so should be good for testing improvements the the receiver. Would anyone like this sample for testing?

Thank you all
Andrew