Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Public transport in Boston

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Public transport in Boston
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 08:39:54 -0700

Boston's "T" is a pretty good, reasonably reliable public transit system, and the city is compact enough that it's generally pretty easy to get around. The conference is very close to South Station, which is the largest transport hub in Boston. South Station is on the Red Line of the MBTA subway and is easy to get to from any other "T" stop with a maximum of 1 transfer.

If you were incredibly, world-class cheap, you could even stay way out in the suburbs and take the commuter rail into South Station for the conference. Personally, if I wanted to save money, I'd look out toward Quincy Adams on the south end of the Red Line for a cheaper place to stay, and take the Red Line into South Station.

Here's a map showing the subway and commuter rail lines:
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/

--n