Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about overruns with simple flowgraph

From: Vanush Vaswani
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about overruns with simple flowgraph
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 02:03:59 +1000

Has there been any effort in using PTP to solve the two-clock problem (like Audinate's Dante)?

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 08/06/2013 09:07 PM, Stephen wrote:
I tend to use the fractional interpolator--you can get exact rate
matching that way.  It doesn't seem that expensive, particularly when I
use it at the
   "low speed" part of the graph near the audio subsystem.

I tried that and it worked. But it adds a small amount of hiss. I also
tried the fractional resampler. It added a lot of hiss and a high pitch
whine. The polyphase arbitrary resampler added a more hiss than the
fractional interpolator but less than the fractional resampler.

stephen

If you're downsampling, you do need to make certain that the bandwidth of your incoming signal (regardless of its rate) is appropriate for
  the final bandwidth after the resampler.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator