Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inefficient large vectors

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inefficient large vectors
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 23:18:48 +0200

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 07:59:37PM +0200, Miklos Maroti wrote:
> So is there a way to work with large odd length vectors which does not
> have this buffer allocation problem, and does not require padding? It
> seems to me that it could be supported: regular streams but the vector
> size would be verified separately at connection time and would not be
> used to multiply the item size. Any advice is appreciated...

Miklos,

if Johnathan's tips aren't helping, you *might* be able to use tags to
delimit vectors and then pass them as streams of scalars. You then have
to keep up with vector boundaries internally in your block.

Depending on what your application is, this could be a solution or can
make things even more inefficient. But it's worth a try!

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)