Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Make tests failed when Building for version 3.7.1

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Make tests failed when Building for version 3.7.1git
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:32:42 +0000 (UTC)

Is this a 32-bit install on 64-bit hardware issue?

on Aug 23, 2013, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Damon <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> There are 2 orc installed: liborc-0.4-0 and liborc-0.4-dev.
>>> I uninstalled liborc-0.4-dev, rebuilt gnuradio. The volk passed
>>> test. But several tests failed:
>>>
>>> 85 - qa_freq_xlating_fir_filter (Failed)
>>> 93 - qa_fir_filter (Failed)
>>> 167 - qa_codec2_vocoder (Failed)
>>> Attached please find the log file: ctest_log_file.
>>>
>>> In my another computer, I uninstalled both liborc-0.4-0 and
>>> liborc-0.4-dev.
>>> Then I rebuilt uhd and gnuradio v3.7.0. Three tests mentioned above
>>> failed
>>> too.
>>> Attached please find the log file: ctest_log_file2.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Damon
>>>
>> So again, let's not worry about the codec2 failure; that's something
>> different. The two filter failures are probably related to the same
>> issue since one uses the other.
>>
>> Can you try running volk_profile to make sure you Volk config file is
>> created correctly? Then rerun those filter tests.
>>
> Hi Tom,
>
> After I have run volk_profile, more tests failed:
>
> 76 - test_gr_filter (Failed)
> 83 - qa_fft_filter (Failed)
> 85 - qa_freq_xlating_fir_filter (Failed)
> 89 - qa_adaptive_fir_filter (Failed)
> 93 - qa_fir_filter (Failed)
> 125 - qa_cma_equalizer (Failed)
> 132 - qa_ofdm_sync_sc_cfb (Failed)
> 135 - qa_lms_equalizer (Failed)
> 150 - qa_ofdm_txrx (Failed)
> 167 - qa_codec2_vocoder (Failed)
>
> Attached please find the volk_config file and ctest_log_file.
>
> Regards,
> Damon

Strange as it sounds, those results actually look better. I'm not sure
about the divide by zero case for the fft_filters, but the other
results you have are very close to what they should be. It almost
looks like there is an off-by-1 indexing problem. Either that or your
ALU is messed up. But there's something strange about the numbers
you're showing. And you haven't changed any files in the source code
(that is, 'git status' shows nothing)?

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4