Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] trying to do a debug build

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] trying to do a debug build
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 10:35:56 -0400

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Matt D <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/03/2013 10:22 AM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
>
>>> I accidentally did with  only one dot "./". however it is building now.
>>>  will this work?
>>
>> I don't think so. That seems a very odd response since ./ is your
>> current directory, which doesn't have the source in it. I'd stop it,
>> clear your build directory, and try again to make sure nothing odd
>> happens.
>>
> oh so i stopped it, cleared the build dir and did:
>
> address@hidden:~/src/gnuradio/build$ cmake ../
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
>
> now i get:
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:22 (message):
>   Prevented in-tree build.  This is bad practice.
>
> i am still missing something here.

Ok, so it looks like you've copied the source into your build
directory or something. At least, there's something wrong with your
directories, the location of the source code, or where you're building
from.

Make sure that the source code is checked out into ~/src/gnuradio.
Then follow these steps:

$ cd ~/src/gnuradio
$ rm -rf build
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Debug" ../

That's just to make absolutely certain your build directory isn't in
some confusing state.

--
Tom
Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4