[Discuss-gnuradio] wxgui issue with Windows version of GR-companion

From: Trevor Snow
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] wxgui issue with Windows version of GR-companion
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 18:49:53 -0400

Hello,

I have managed to install gnuradio on a Win 8 and Win 7 machine and it seems like most of the block components in gnuradio-companion function correctly, except for the WX elements.

When I include a WX block, like the FFT sink, it fails to execute with a Python import error:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnuradio\lib\site-packages\gnuradio\wxgui\__init__.py", line 32, in <module>
    from wxgui_swig import *
ImportError: No module named wxgui_swig

I've installed all the 32-bit dependencies for Python 2.7 listed on the Ettus page for the Windows install and I'm running the latest stable version of gnuradio. I double checked my PYTHONPATH and it does include the site-packages directory inside of gnuradio, as well as the directory for the wx libraries installed in my python directory. Digging around a little further, I do not see a Python module in any directory for wxgui_swig.

Why is it looking for a module that doesn't seem to exist? Or to put it another way, what have I done to mess things up?

Thanks,
-Trevor