Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Coverity scan and GNU Radio

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Coverity scan and GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 22:04:40 +0200

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Ben Hilburn <address@hidden> wrote:
If you look at a specific issue, you can edit the meta information about it.

To avoid multiple people going after the same bug, and then ending up having to throw one person's work away, should we take advantage of the "Owner" field and have people assign bugs to themselves as soon as they start working on it?

This obviously introduces the risk of people assigning bugs to themselves and then never actually completing the task, but that might be better than a rush of work that ends up unused. If people only assign a bug to themselves once they start actually writing code (i.e., don't claim a bug if you plan to work on it in the future), it might help avoid this issue, somewhat.

Hi Ben,

I think what you propose makes sense. When you start working on an issue assign to yourself - but not before. I can imagine many issues will not take more than a few days to fix and we can always talk to the assignee if an issue has been assigned for a long time.

Alex