[Discuss-gnuradio] swig madness

From: Miklos Maroti
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] swig madness
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 23:36:35 +0200

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create a rational_sync_block class in an out of tree
module, which is both an interpolator and decimator with a rational
data rate. So I just wrote the class, almost exactly like how
sync_interpolator is written. Then when I want to use this new base
class in a derived real block named xxx_block in my out of tree
module, then everything compiles, but the swig generation fails with
an error message that xxx_block cannot be allocated because it is
abstract type has an virtual work function. When I change the base
type back to sync_interpolator, then swig is happy. I do not
understand what is so special about gr::sync_interpolator, and why I
cannot reproduce the sync_interpolator in a way that makes swig happy.
Any ideas?

Miklos