Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reconfigure FIR coefficients without stopping the

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reconfigure FIR coefficients without stopping the sampling process
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 14:18:24 +0000 (UTC)

The filters all have "set_taps()" methods that allow you to set the taps dynamically.

on Oct 08, 2013, rmsrms1987 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question regarding the reconfiguration of blocks within a
gnuradio "top block" application. I am working on a radar system that will
occasionally attempt to switch transmission waveforms due to results of
processed data. Consequently, the back end processing will have to adjust
simultaneously, namely the FIR filter coefficients. Currently, I have a
"top block" application working properly when the radar is operating for a
fixed waveform. This application is initiated as a parallel process from a
parent program, and continuously takes data until the parent program is
terminated.

Here is small portion of the code that is of interest:

gr_matchfil = [gr.fir_filter_ccf(1, fr ) , gr.fir_filter_ccf(1, fr )]

for i in range(numchan):
fg.connect((u,i), (gr_decimation[i],0))
fg.connect((gr_decimation[i],0), (gr_matchfil[i],0))
fg.connect((gr_matchfil[i],0), (gr_interleave,i))

fg.connect((gr_interleave,0), (fsink,0))
fg.start()

What I would like to do is alter the the coefficients "fr" in the variable
"gr_matchfil" from the parent program without stopping the sampling process.
I figure that this will have to do something with accessing the shared
memory of the parallel process. Would this be possibly after "fg.start()"
is executed. If anybody has any ideas on how to achieve this, it would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob