Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error in installation of gqrx

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error in installation of gqrx
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:37:52 +0200

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 7:00 AM, Manu T S <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I am using PyBOMBS for installation. PyBOMBS installed GNU Radio(3.7) to a
> local directory instead of /usr/local. In my case this directory is
> "/home/manu/gr/target/". The files missing are there in
> "/home/manu/gr/target/include/gnuradio", while they are not found in my old
> installation (3.6.* inside /usr/local). I want gqrx also to work with the
> new (3.7), and I used PyBOMBS to install.
>
> So it could be that the qmake is not able to locate the header files in
> "~/gr/target/include/gnuradio". Is there a way to specify that in the
> recipes?

The gqrx build system based on qmake uses pkg-config to find the
gnuradio dependencies. The environment to find the pkg-config scripts
is set up by pybombs; however, if you have gnuradio 3.6 installed
system wide in /usr/local/ the old pkg-config files may interfere with
pybombs.

I see no other safe option than to remove gnuradio 3.6 from
/usr/local. If you still need gnuradio 3.6 you can install it under a
prefix other than /usr/local. As long as you have gnuradio 3.6 in
/usr/local it will interfere, not only with gqrx but other
applications as well.

Alex